How do you climb a mountain? One step at a time!
The 2015 edition of the 6MMRPC began on Monday, June 1. The group taking up this challenge looks to have nearly doubled in size over the first edition and picked up a variety of painters and players. I think that is great for the hobby because it means more participation in playing games with painted miniatures. It also gives me more motivation to focus on painting for tabletop games, less on singles and side projects. Although non-hobby commitments and personal challenges will keep my participation in this one a bit light, especially in photo and blogging, that focus and other lessons learned from the first Challenge will help me ‘climb further up the mountain’, so to speak.
1. No purchasing of new miniatures, EXCEPT if you use a joker. You get three jokers to use on a figure purchase. Could be a blister pack, an ebay bundle, or a single figure...you can't splurge. The only exception to this rule is if you need bitz or A FIGURE (Singular) to complete a unit/warband etc.
1.1 - There is an opportunity to "earn" additional jokers. If you complete an entire project (whole unit/army/warband etc.) with pictures of starting, WIP, and completion, you earn yourself a Joker.
2. Gifts do not count against you. Holidays, birthdays etc. Also, if you're given gift cards by your hobby illiterate family or friends, you can without penalty use them on anything you want miniatures wise.
3. Paints, terrain (or materials), and other hobby supplies do not apply to the no purchasing rule.
4. At least one hobby related blog post and/or Instagram update a week. If you instagram, be sure to hashtag your pic with #6MMRPC
5. Zombtober will be part of the 6 month challenge so, Zombie related stuff during October is ENCOURAGED. Other theme suggestions are welcomed.
6. Anyone that wants to submit a before and after picture of a miniature that they are proud of completing during the course of the challenge to firstname.lastname@example.org will be entered into the running for a gift certificate to a online wargaming store of their choice. Judging will be by an un-biased person. Amount on the gift certificate will be dictated by winners nationality but should work out to about $30 U.S. I (Spiderweb of History) will not be eligible to win.