Sunday, August 30, 2015

6MMRPC Weeks 11 and 12 in Review

Not much went on for weeks 11 and 12 of the 6MMRPC directly mini-or hobby-related.  I bought a car, sold an old car, spent a weekend in Knoxville, TN for a friend's 50th birthday party and generally stayed busy without any time at the painting workbench.  The birthday celebration was with board games and RPGs, though, and while there I concluded a trade of paint shelves for a painted mini from a great friend and award-winning painter.  More about that, later.  For now...

"...Not all those who wander are lost..." 

One could consider my lack of painting miniatures - reducing the Mountain - as a long painting drought or a Summer slump.  However, I am experimenting with a paradigm shift, a new way to view 'progress' that is less unsettling and frustrating.  I am slowly realizing Real Life and Hobby Time are not separate paths or priorities competing for my attention, requiring constant adjustment to remain in balance.  Instead, it is all just a single LIFE PATH.  After all, time is a constant, flowing onward, 24x7x365.  I can neither travel forward nor backward on the path.  All I can do is choose what to do with the time I have available to me right now and plan a little for the future.

I digress.  This is all getting too philosophical for what should have been a brief update.  I may explore that topic a bit more in a future post, but for now let's just say I am decluttering and simplifying some things to free up time and energy for a couple of hobbies, including miniature painting and gaming.

1 comment:

  1. Dave, there's no real pressure to get anything done anytime soon. Real life and one's inner health eclipse these self policed hobby requirements.

    Until next time sir.

    ReplyDelete